Fourteen of New Zealand’s most dedicated contributors to the game of Netball have been honoured at the 2021 Netball New Zealand AGM, receiving a Netball New Zealand Service Award. It’s a prestigious award which recognises an individual who has made a significant contribution to the game of Netball that has enhanced the game at local level, regionally, nationally and/or internationally.
2020 NNZ Service Award Recipients
- Karen Betty – Pukekohe Netball Centre
- Lynette Brady – Netball North Harbour
- Jennifer Gerrand – Hamilton City Netball
- Elizabeth Hicks – Pukekohe Netball Centre
- Tania Karauria – Auckland Netball Centre
- Eleanor Kitching – Waiuku Netball Centre
- Margaret Kelly – Hamilton City Netball Centre
- Kora Pene – Netball Hutt Valley
- Pam Pennell – Auckland Netball Centre
- Kirstin Scully – Dunedin Netball Centre
- Margaret Webby – Hamilton Netball Centre
To be considered for a NNZ Service Award all recipients must have received a service award and/or life membership award in their Regional Entity and/or Centre. The Board of NNZ can also nominate someone in recognition of their service at a national and/or international level.
All nominations were carefully considered and awarded based on the level at which the contribution was made, the length of time and the quality of the contribution.
Congratulations to all recipients.