Fourteen of New Zealand’s most dedicated contributors to the game of Netball have been honoured at the 2019 Netball New Zealand AGM, receiving a Netball New Zealand Service Award. It’s a prestigious award which recognises an individual who has made a significant contribution to the game of Netball that has enhanced the game at local level, regionally, nationally and/or internationally.
2019 NNZ Service Award Recipients
- Lyn Barr - Netball North Harbour
- Gail Benseman -Mid Canterbury Netball Centre
- Lillian Cattell - Netball Manurewa
- Pam Clayton - Netball WBOP
- Elaine Curtis - Netball Waitakere Inc
- Gail Griffiths - Netball North Harbour
- Marcia Hardcastle - Netball North Harbour
- Gayle Hare - Netball Wellington Centre
- Casey Kopua - Netball WBOP
- Lee Manaia - Netball Manurewa
- Jo Morrison - Dunedin Netball Centre
- Cathy Roa - Kapi Mana Netball Centre
- Martha Taru - Netball Wellington Centre
- Zora Vitasovich - Netball Waitakere Inc
To be considered for a NNZ Service Award all recipients must have received a service award and/or life membership award in their Regional Entity and/or Centre. The Board of NNZ can also nominate someone in recognition of their service at a national and/or international level.
All nominations were carefully considered and awarded based on the level at which the contribution was made, the length of time and the quality of the contribution.
Congratulations to all recipients.